Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gratitude

I'm grateful for the many days when clarity is strong
As well as those it seems that life has somehow led me wrong
For it's those times that awaken me & nudge me towards light
Till once again my hopes and dreams are clearly held in sight
I'm grateful for the love within the circles that I dwell

My family, friends and even those who've made my life seem like hell
For each of those have taught me more regarding how to love
Provide me feelings to express these things that I have
I am grateful for the right to dream, to hope, to wish
And to know that all my thoughts are merely seeds which based on love must grow

That if I’ll think them consciously and nurture them with care
These vision held, my heart desires, will soon be waiting there
I'm grateful for the fact I’ve learned that we consciously create
That they to mold and shape a life desired I must keep thinking straight
That when the fear that shows it's head which is based on false belief

I have free will to change the thoughts to those that brings relief
I'm grateful too for false belief which led me on my quest
For mentors met along the way, I truly feel blessed who clearly
Showed me of the need to understand my worth and higher truth
Which promises a life divine on earth?

I'm grateful for the fear I feel sometimes
Because I know that when its felt purging power exists
To help me grow the awareness of its presence shows there's something
More to learn that’s my focus must stay fixed on love to attract those things yearn
I'm grateful for the joy I feel, I’m grateful for the fear

Of understanding what is it that draws me near to the life
I know is waiting on the other side
And when it comes I must hold fast and use it as a guide
My gratitude goes deeper still, for breath, for sight

For the life for teachers who have shown me that my thoughts create my strife
I'm grateful for the plan which says whatever you receive
Is drawn to you through feelings felt created by belief
I'm grateful for all nature, the birds, the grass, and the trees
The lakes which hold abundant life, a summer evening breeze

The clouds above the ground below, the moon, the stars
The sun the days and nights which represent that another day is done
I'm grateful for the time to spend too deeply, go within
To top into the source of truth that’s sure to help me win
For it is there that truth comes known regardless what is taught

In manmade circles of world that form restrictive thought
I'm grateful for all my friends who are reading this today
For the bonds that we have formed since your path have crossed my way
And for the future and all it brings for all we have share
The giving of ourselves to show the world how much we care

I've learned to stay in gratitude no matter how things seem
That perceptions held as negatives will only slow your dream
So even though my path will lead through troubled spots
I know, I must keep on, keep focus fixed, on life's abundant flow
There's so much that I’m grateful for, though sometimes

I'll forget, belief rekindled from the past that perceive as threat
But it's these times I must remind myself of what I know
That when they show their presence, that they're here to help me grow
One final thought I’ll share today before I say I’m through
I'm so grateful for this word to give today to all of you
It is my wish that they will help you keep the attitude
Which leads you desire, and comes through gratitude

By Jocelyn barite on Friday, September 30, 2011 at 5:09pm

No comments: